Medicare Coverage Options in Boynton Beach

Medicare Coverage Options in Boynton Beach

As we age, our health becomes a priority. For seniors living in Boynton Beach, FL, one important consideration is Medicare. With so many options available, it can be difficult to know which Medicare plan is right for you. In this blog post, we’ll provide an overview of the various Medicare coverage in Boynton Beach and help you understand which plan might be the best fit for your needs.

Original Medicare

The first option to consider is Original Medicare, which is a government-run health insurance program that covers hospital stays, doctor visits, and other medical services. It consists of two parts:

Medicare pays 80% and you’ll need a Medigap plan or Medicare Advantage to cover the remaining 20% Most people who are 65 or older are automatically enrolled in Original Medicare. However, it doesn’t cover all medical expenses, and you may need to pay out of pocket for certain services.

Additionally, there is no cap on out-of-pocket costs, which means you could potentially spend a significant amount of money on medical bills. Again, Original Medicare pays 80% and you’ll need Medicare Supplement Insurance to cover the remaining 20%.

Medicare Advantage

Medicare Advantage, also known as Medicare Part C, is an alternative to Original Medicare that is offered by private insurance companies. It includes all the benefits of Original Medicare but may also offer additional coverage such as dental, vision, and hearing. Some Medicare Advantage plans also include prescription drug coverage.

One of the advantages of Medicare Advantage is that it often has a cap on out-of-pocket costs, which can provide greater financial security for seniors. Additionally, some plans may offer extra services like gym memberships, preventive services, emergency care or transportation to medical appointments.

There are a variety of Medicare Advantage plans available in Boynton Beach, each with its own benefits and costs. It’s important to research the options and compare plans to find one that meets your individual needs.

Medicare Supplement (Medigap Plan)

Also known as Medigap, a Medicare Supplement plan is designed to help cover the out-of-pocket costs associated with Original Medicare. Florida Medicare Supplement Plans cover the remaining 20% that Medicare doesn’t cover. These plans are also offered by private insurance companies and can help pay for expenses like deductibles, copayments, and coinsurance. There is monthly premiums for Medicare Supplement(Medigap Plan) policies

There are 10 different Medicare Supplement plans available, each labeled with a letter (e.g. Plan A, Plan B, etc.). Each plan provides a different level of coverage, and the costs can vary based on the insurance company offering the plan.

A few of the popular Medicare supplement insurance plans in Boynton Beach include; United American, AARP United Healthcare and Florida Blue Medigap plans.

Unlike a Medicare Advantage HMO with a Medicare Supplement Plan you can go to any doctor/hospital that accepts Medicare. There is no need to look at a plans’s Medicare provider directory. Medicare Supplement plans are guaranteed renewable and any rate increases must be approved by insurance commissioners.

It’s worth noting that you can’t have a Medicare Supplement plan and a Medicare Advantage plan at the same time. You’ll need to choose one or the other, so it’s important to consider your options carefully.

Types of Medicare Supplement Plans

Plan G is considered the most comprehensive coverage for a Medigap policy. The Plan G Medigap plan covers all the gaps of Medicare except the Part B deductibles. There is also a high deductible version of Plan G as well. This is our selection as best coverage for a Medigap plan. The Medigap plan cost depends on age and health history.

Plan N is mainly for cost savings. It is similar to Plan G however it does not cover excess charges. There is no high deductible plan version of Plan N. You may be required to have Medical underwriting and can be denied coverage if you our outside of your inital enrollment period. Medigap policies Plan G and Plan N are the most popular Medigap Plans in Florida.

Prescription Drug Plans

Prescription drug coverage is an important consideration for many seniors, as the cost of medications can add up quickly. Medicare Part D is a prescription drug plan that is offered by private insurance companies. This coverage can be added to Original Medicare or a Medicare Advantage plan.

The costs and coverage for prescription drug plans can vary significantly, so it’s important to compare options and find a plan that covers the medications you need at a price you can afford.

Choosing the Right Medicare Plan

Choosing the right Medicare coverage in Boynton Beach is a personal decision that will depend on your individual needs and budget. Here are some factors to consider:

  • Your health needs: Think about the types of medical services you’ll need in the coming year, and choose a plan that covers those services.

  • Your budget: Consider the costs associated with each plan, including premiums, deductibles, and out-of-pocket expenses.

  • Your preferred doctors and hospitals: Make sure the plan you choose includes your preferred healthcare providers in its network.

  • Prescription medications: If you take medications regularly, make sure the plan you choose covers those medications.

It’s also important to review your Medicare plan each year during the annual enrollment period (which usually runs from October 15 to December 7). During this time, you can switch to a different plan if your needs or circumstances have changed. It’s a good idea to review your plan each year to make sure it still meets your needs.

In addition to the above considerations, it’s also a good idea to research the quality of each Medicare plan. The Medicare website provides ratings for Medicare Advantage Plan and Medicare Part D plans based on factors such as customer service, member complaints, and member experience. You can also ask your friends, family members, or healthcare providers for recommendations.

Another resource for finding Medicare plans in Boynton Beach is the State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP). This program provides free, unbiased counseling to seniors who need help with their Medicare benefits. SHIP counselors can help you understand the different plans available, compare costs and coverage, and enroll in a plan that meets your needs.

In summary, there are several Medicare benefits available to seniors in Boynton Beach, FL. Original Medicare provides basic coverage for medical services, while Medicare Advantage Plan, Medicare Supplement Plan, and Prescription Drug Plans offer additional benefits and cost-sharing options.

When choosing a Medicare plan, it’s important to consider your individual needs, budget, and healthcare providers. It’s also important to review your plan each year to ensure that it still meets your needs. For information on Medicare coverage in Boynton Beach give us a call at 561-665-7752.

More Information:

Frequently Asked Questions

Contact Us

About Us

Our Blog

“We do not offer every plan available in your area.  Any information we provide is limited to those plans we do offer in your area.  Please contact or 1-800-MEDICARE to get information on all of your options.”

Get a FREE Insurance Quote!

FHI Client Testimonials

"Evan was awesome answered all my questions and got me set up on a great plan! I can’t thank him enough. I finally have a plan that will meet my needs!"
Paula Murray Review Photo
Paula M.
Google Review
"Evan was very professional and quick to help! He was also very knowledgeable. I will definitely be working with this business in the future!!"
Gina Tocora Review Photo
Gina T.
Google Review
"Moving from New York to Florida and we’re given Evans name. Evan has been nothing short of professional and knowledgeable health insurance broker."
Susan Price Review Photo
Susan P.
Google Review

Read More Client Testimonials on Our Google My Business Page

FHI Insurance Partners

Cigna Logo
United Healthcare Logo
Aetna Logo
Humana Logo

Get a Free Insurance Quote!